Monday, February 15, 2010

As for me and my Household

The lessons from The Inheritance have really been touching me.

The last two weeks this keeps coming to me.

7 Years

Since starting this new study God keeps saying 7 years to me. That is how long it has been since my accident that totally changed my family and me. It changed us physically, emotionally and financially. I found myself and my family angry alot. We have been waiting for the lawsuit to settle yet they continue to put it off. We have been told the longer they wait to pay then they hope we will settle for less. Is this right no but is it the way of the carnal man yes. Then Beth says last week we cheat ourselves holding on to our carnal self. She is so right we have been waiting for 7 years and yet God has a much bigger inheritance for my family than this carnal thing. I have listened to Dr.'s tell me there is no cure for my condition and I will get worse. I have let these words take over me at times and for that I ask God to forgive me. I am healed.

I was reading Psalm 16 David's prayers revealed his trust in and reliance upon God, both in his life and his life to come. This type of trust in God should inspire all Christians. I find that when I am experiencing a challenge or frustrating moment I must stop and listen for God to speak to me. I have stopped over the weekend and read Psalms 16 and 17. This is something God showed me He already knows the "big picture" of my life.

Deuteronomy 29:29 "There are secrets the Lord your God has not revealed to us."

I have let my carnal self take over and forget that God is in control and I try to control what is going on in my life. I realize I say one thing but often do another.

Proverbs 3:5 It tells me God is so trustworthy that I should lean my confidence on Him, not leaning on my own understanding. God has proven how much His love can be trusted by sending Christ, His son to die for us.

I have been stopping and spending 30 minutes with the Lord at least once a day. God can change my life, day and mood. I can pour out my heart and God listens.

At Thursday night class she said when you look at your life, which do you see trouble or opportunity? Develop an eye to see God's blessing even in your darkest hour.

My family has recieved blessings a new job, healing reports from Dr.'s, gained a son in law, scholarships for sports and a van given to us.

As for me and my family we are claiming back out inheritance that was promised to us by God for my family. We are taking back what was given to us by God.

Psalm 16:5-6 The Lord is the portion of my inheritance and my cup; The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me.